How to Register: Please click the orange "Express Registration" button located at the bottom right-hand corner of this page. After the first time you register, your information will be saved in our secure database making it easy to sign up for other programs!
In this 5-week beginners class, couples will learn all the skills used in basic upholstery projects and bond over the shared experience of learning something new. During the first class of this course, the instructor will give a lecture based demonstration of the proper use of tools and techniques, guiding participants through preparing and breaking down furniture, measuring fabric and accent materials, and completely reworking a piece. This will give students the chance to see the whole process at once before they take on the challenge of reupholstering their furniture. During the following 4 weeks, students will complete their own unique project with the encouragement and teamwork of their partner. Each student is responsible to bring their own piece of furniture, but all tools and materials will be provided.
Week 1- Bring your chair. Lecture demonstration of tools and techniques. Start to take old material off the chair.
Week 2 - Take off the remaining fabric. Assess the chair frame with the instructor to see what the next steps will be.
Week 3 - Week 5 Learn how to use springs, canvas or badding to create the chairs seat structure. At this point, students might be at different stages due to the uniqueness of each chair. Measure chair for fabric & learn how to reupholster your chair.
All Beginner Class Guidelines
- We only accept 7 students per 30 hr. class.
- All students MUST bring a chair to the 1st class.
- We do not prefer chairs with loose cushions unless you are an experienced sewer or would like to make the cushion permanently attached to the chair.
- No oversized wingback chair's, love seats, or couches. Specific pieces will be accepted at the teacher's discretion. (Rule of thumb…If you can’t lift it yourself it is too big for this class.)
- You are welcome to send us a picture of your chair via email before the start date if you are concerned it doesn't meet our criteria.
- All the tools needed will be provided.