How to Register: Please click the orange "Express Registration" button located at the bottom right-hand corner of this page. After the first time you register, your information will be saved in our secure database making it easy to sign up for other programs!
In this 30-hour beginners class, you will learn skills used in basic upholstery projects. The instructor will demonstrate proper use of basic upholstery tools and techniques used in basic upholstery work. The first class will be a lecture-based demonstration of how to prepare, breakdown, correctly measure fabric and reupholster an actual chair. This will give students the chance to see the whole process at once before they individually reupholster their own furniture. During the following weeks, students will start and complete their own project. Each student is responsible to bring their piece of furniture to be reupholstered.
All Beginner Class Guidelines
- We only accept 7 students per 30 hr. class.
- All students MUST bring a chair to the 1st class.
- We do not prefer chairs with loose cushions unless you are an experienced sewer or would like to make the cushion permanently attached to the chair.
- No oversized wingback chair's, love seats, or couches. Specific pieces will be accepted at the teacher's discretion. (Rule of thumb…If you can’t lift it yourself it is too big for this class.)
- You are welcome to send us a picture of your chair via email before the start date if you are concerned it doesn't meet our criteria.
- All tools needed will be provided.
This class takes place at Cherry Street Pier located at 121 N Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Please be aware that metered parking is limited.
*We have a 5 person minimum to run the class. If the minimum is not met, you will be notified before the scheduled date.
Registration cancellations will be honored up to 10 days prior to the program start date and you will be issued a refund or program credit. Registration cancellations made within 10 days of the program date will not be issued a refund or credit.